Sunday, February 14, 2016

Phase One 2016

Originally we had hoped that we would reach our phase one goal by April of this year because that would be one full year of our journey. When we broke down our debt we did it the way Dave tells you to, smallest to largest bill. Pay off the little ones because it gives you momentum for your next bill to be paid off. We had to spend about three months playing catch up, because that is how far behind we were in the beginning. After getting our feet on the ground, we made some head way for another month or so before we had another bump in the road, that being me quitting my job. So then we spent the next two months scraping by until I found my to new jobs, and I am still waiting to start at my full-time position in April. To make a long story short, we fell off track for phase one.
Our original phase one was to pay off credit cards and small bills. We will not make this goal by April 2016. The new phase one is on track to be completed by the end of the year 12/31/16. Our total for phase one started at $15,425.64. This is a combination of credit cards and medical bills only. We would love to pay this off before December, and anything is possible when you have God on your side. After completing  phase one we will have approximately $600 to apply to phase two. We have a current time line for completing phase two in a year also, but I am very hopeful that we will be able to get this accomplished in 6 months! The reason I say that is because the total for Phase two is already less than phase one, and we are decreasing that amount each month in the process. So I am hopeful that by April 2017 we will have Phase one & two finished. That will be 2 years into our journey, and although I want this mess cleaned up like yesterday, I am learning that this is a process. We made this mess over the past 13 years, and getting it gone is a marathon and not a sprint.



No comments:

Post a Comment