Sunday, November 1, 2015

October Update

October was the second highest month for us in grossed pay. We worked very hard, and we had a great month for bonuses. This was a blessing, especially considering our expenses for our family trip. We also met our goals for the month. October was also a rough month emotionally for me due to some unforeseen changes with my employment. Without going into a great amount of detail I will just say that I am praying for God to open another door for me in my career. I have left the Family Practice were I was working, and I am waiting to see what God is going to do with my future career as an APRN.
Now I want to also say that this little job adjustment of mine would not really have been possible had we not saved extra money in addition to our emergency fund. According to Dave's plan $1000.00 in the emergency fund is acceptable, and everything else should be put straight toward debt. We have changed this step for us by adding to the emergency fund every month and including that in our monthly budget. Christmas is coming up and I am starting to worry about the outcome. Although we have saved a little all year it seems that we never have enough, maybe this year it will be different. I would like to still pay off debt, even though we have double the expenses with our shopping and all.

GOALS: Made above what we budgeted again, Three months in a row. Met all of our expenses, and paid all bills on time even early. Paid off 3 major bills, 1 credit card, 1 medical bill, and 1 unexpected college bill. Increased our savings account.

GOALS for next Month: Bring home projected income, maybe more. Will be anxiously waiting to see the result given I'm out of a full-time job. Try to pay at least one small bill off this month. Increase our Christmas savings money by $500.00. Save for new tires for the vehicle, hope to purchase them with cash by the end of December (in the 14 years we've been married we have always financed our tires, what an accomplishment to pay with cash). We also have to pay to have the boat winterized.

I will keep you posted on our progress, please pray that God will provide me with a great new job opportunity.

No comments:

Post a Comment